This November, there are two questions on the November 8 election ballot that will affect Jeffco Schools – 3A Mill Levy Override and 3B Bond Initiative. If passed, 3A and 3B will benefit neighborhood, option and public charter schools.
3A is a Mill Levy Override that will provide $33 million in operating expenses specifically to be used for:
- Attracting and retaining high-quality teachers and support staff.
- Expanding the “STEM” programs (science, technology, math, and engineering), as well as arts, music and vocational programs;
- Increasing school security resources.
3B is a Bond for capital funding that will provide $535 million for long-term costs including:
- Providing safety and security upgrades in school buildings;
- 110 elementary, middle and high school buildings will receive repairs and improvements long overdue including roofs, plumbing, electrical, lighting and mechanical systems;
- Equipping our schools with updated technology;
- Improving and repairing Outdoor Lab, Jeffco’s nature and science learning center;
- Better utilization of district resources by expanding and equipping old and new school buildings, increasing classroom space and learning labs, and equipping and furnishing them.
For More Information:
Information from Jeffco Public Schools. This site has numerous links to other sites.
Free Horizon Montessori’s information sheet put together by Jeffco